Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Whoop-de-FREAKING-Wii!

Pun intended!

I finally got a Nintendo Wii! Like OhmiGod! A Wii! I've been searching for one since I came back from holiday, and I know it's most likely sold out and I wasn't in that big of a rush anyway because of the demand, but the opportunity presented itself and I grasped it by the balls with both hands!

Let's see, allow me to recount my tale...

T'was nearing one mark past the noon, when my family and I quested unto Game, situated in the quaint town of Staines. Okay, I'm going to ditch this gig, I suck and it uses up to much words.

Well yeah, we went to Staines on Saturday for my youngest brother's driving simulator top-up, the new law states that he has to do two hours extra. We were early, so we decided to hang about the town and I wanted to pop into Game so that I could exchange my brand new copy of Tales of Eternia for another new copy, because the cover was damaged during delivery. Yep, I ordered the game from their website, because it was the only place I found that had it at a decent price, and wasn't sold out.

So I asked the sales assistant if I could exchange the cover of my game, and he was nice enough to oblige. While he was doing that, my youngest brother hovered around me and asked if I knew that they had Harvest Moon for the PS2. Of course I knew, but I wasn't sure which version of HM: A Wonderful Life it was, so I sent him back. He reported that it was the special edition, and since I couldn't leave the counter and check it out, I thought I'd check it out later. Unfortunately I never got around to it, I then asked if I should ask about the Wii, and my youngest brother replied that of course I should...like that was the whole reason we had come here, which wasn't. The following is what took place, once the assistant had completed my request:

Me: Thanks for that...um, do you have the Nintendo Wii?
Sales Assistant: We've got plenty *smile*
Me *eyes bug out*: Plenty?!
Sales Assistant: Well not "plenty", but we've only sold 6 of the 28 we received...

At this point my brain temporarily shut down and then rebooted to confer with my family on whether I should get one or not. My mum said it was up to me, and naturally I would have gone for it. My youngest brother, however, was saying 'Yes' like I was buying it for him.

Me: I'd like to buy one please.
Sales Assistant: Will you be purchasing more than one?

I temporarily consider the prospect of buying two, but my current funds would not allow it.

Me: No, just the one, please.
Sales Assistant *smiles*: Alright *calls to the other assistant to get him a Wii* Would you like anything else with it? Like a game or another controller?
Me: A game, Zelda: Twilight Princess, please.

The assistant gets the game and his colleague returns with the Wii.

Random Kid next to me: Oh my God! Look! A Wii! *motions to whoever's with him* Look! Look!

I feel like I've just created a scene, and while the assistant is sealing up the box, my mum asks if we can see the product. This is to make sure that everything's in there and that we weren't short-changed in any way. The kid next to me continues to make a fuss, and once everything's done, I pay for it and my brother and I head back to the van to tuck it away, to prevent further fuss, while my mum and youngest brother go back to BSM.

We came back to the shop afterwards to get Red Steel for my youngest brother, and by this time there's a huge queue, where everyone was either buying a game or a Wii.

True Story.

Sad thing? I forgot to ask if they took NUS, which they do...I could have saved £20!

1 comment:

Bhavvie said...

OMG! A Wii! *wets her pants in pure joy*